So, it’s cold.
You’re spending more time inside.
And it’s that time of year.
You have tissues when you or others need them. You carry herbal throat lozenges. You’re proactive with your health and with the health of those close to you.
What else can you do to support respiratory health?
Many of the same actions you take to support your overall health are those you can take now to support your respiratory health:
• If you smoke, stop. This is something you know, but what you might not know is that smoking depletes your body of vitamin C.
• Open a window and let fresh air circulate. It’s especially nice after a snow or rainfall.
• Add spice to your meals. Cooking with turmeric, ginger and peppermint provides flavorful respiratory support.
• Drink antioxidant rich liquids. Sip on green tea and coffee.
• Take your vitamins and minerals. Don’t forget vitamin D, vitamin C and zinc.
• Use herbal formulations that include one of these herbs: Osha root, Licorice root or Mullein leaf.
For many other seasonal wellness ideas, check out our other respiratory blog posts.
Happy healthy new year!