How adrenal glands impact you.
If you are like most of us, talking about your adrenal glands is probably something you don’t include in your videoconferencing with friends.
Maybe it should be.
Throughout our lives we have turned to our tribe of friends, to check-in to see if what we are experiencing is what they are experiencing.
These check-ins provide us comfort, knowledge and validation.
So let’s check-in about our adrenal glands.
Did you know that the adrenal glands sit on top of the kidneys?
Did you also know that the adrenal gland has two parts? The cortex and the medulla.
The cortex is the outer area of the adrenal gland and the largest of the two parts. It produces hormones that include those that regulate the body, such as the mineralocorticoids that regulate blood pressure.
The medulla is found within the adrenal cortex – and at its center. It produces stress hormones, including adrenaline, which your body recognizes as the “fight or flight” response.
As we know, stressors vary widely. But did you know that skipping meals and skipping sleep, both produce stress?
Healthy adrenal levels help to keep stress, fatigue, anxiety, fertility, weight gain and more, in check.
Read on for five ways to keep stress hormones under control:
- Feed your body. Choose healthier options to be delivered or picked up at the grocery store.
- Get some sleep. Stay on a sleep schedule.
- Add exercise. Use physical movement to clear your mind.
- Take a day off from the news feed. Meditate or listen to soothing music.
- Use herbal formulations. Reduce stress with Siberian Eleuthero root and support immune health with Astralagus root. You will find both herbs in Adrenotonic™.